Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Vegas Trip

My sister turned 21 on Sept 10th. To Celebrate she went to Vegas with a bunch of her friends. My parents and I wanted to join in the festivities, so we tagged along. Well, sort of. We decided to go to Vegas on our own and just meet up with my sister and her boyfriend for a day.
 We left Friday around noon and got back Sunday evening. It was fun, not the best time I have had in Vegas, but that is because I am 7.5 months pregnant and have a lack of energy and stamina to walk around all day and night. It was still a really fun trip. James had never been to Vegas before so it was really cool to show him everything for his first time. 

On Friday night we went to Freemont Street. I really enjoy the music experience they do every hour. It instilled my love for the band QUEEN once again. We were there for hours it seemed, but it was great and I liked that it was busy, but not too crowded. Tons of fun people all dressed up as famous people or characters and of course, about 5 Elvis' including "Mini Elvis".

On Saturday, we met up with my sister and Kevin and we ate at the Excalibur hotel buffet. My sister had always wanted to eat at a big huge buffet so we picked one that was somewhat well known and closest to us. Let me tell you, this is the WORST buffet ever and I feel bad my parents wasted their money. For such a known hotel, I would assume the food would be somewhat tasty, but not in the least. Anyway, the day got much better from there.



 We walked around all day visiting the different hotels and sight seeing. My parents played a lot of slots while James and I explored. I really do love exploring although I have to take a lot more rest now a days.

Around dinner time we at at Gilly's at Treasure Island hotel. We were seated right on the balcony and got front row seats to watch the "Sirens" show.

 One of the highlights of the whole day was eating at Gilly's because they have AMAZING SWEET POTATO FRIES! It even came with a marshmallow cream and molasses syrup for dipping. YUM!  I am really obsessed with sweet potato fries it is hard to find a restaurant that has good ones.


I like walking around the strip at night so much more because of all the glitzy lights!We watched the water show in front of the Bellagio and caught the tale end of the volcano show in front of the Mirage. We saw the lions at MGM, walked around the shops at Cesar's forum (where I got a bloody nose from all the insane heat) and found the Flamingo "paradise" garden, among many other things.

By the time we had met back up with my parents, James and I walked around for 12 hours . At the end of the day, I could barely lift up my legs. I really had overdone myself. My feet were hurting so bad that I had to soak them in hot water once we got back to the hotel, but I still loved sight seeing with James.

I am so used to California, where it is illegal to smoke almost anywhere these days and totally forgot that you can smoke inside and outside in Vegas. The cigarette smoke was killing me, i wish we would have gotten to take the trip before I was preggo and I hope that all that second hand smoke didn't hurt Chloe.

James and I don't really gamble so it was much more of just sight seeing for us. Since I am preggo, we really didn't go to any clubs or anything. All in all, I was glad he was able to go at least SEE Vegas before Chloe was here. Another "to do before we move" to check off our list. YAY!


♥ Michelle

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...