Since beauty week, I have about 20 new readers to my blog. I would like to officially say, WELCOME TO SHE SAID! Hope you have fun reading and find my little ol' life interesting. I would LOVE to learn more about you. I have been popping in on peoples blogs and I must say, there are so many wonderful reads out there I wish I could keep up with ALL of them! You all make me laugh, think, and enjoy my 10 minute break away from work each day. Thank you for following and I can't wait to read more about you!
With that said, I think I might have to re-introduce myself. I will be partaking in the 100 truths/ Sunday Confessional thing that Deanna from Delirious Rhapsody has going on. I would love for you to participate too so that I can get to know you a little more!
100 Truths - I will give 10 random truths/facts about myself each week.
1. I am a natural blonde. I always start with this when "revealing" unknown truths about myself. It's funny because many don't believe me because I haven't used to say I would never go back blonde, although I recently had a dream that I was blonde again and now it has me wondering.....
2. I didn't become a Christian until I was 21. James invited me to church one day and it didn't take long for me to jump right in. Now, I don't know how I got through my adolescence without God. I was never closed to the idea of God, just never really understood who He was. I am so glad Chloe will get a chance to know her Savior is with her through these important life lessons and years that she has coming up.
3. I hate Facebook. (Gasp!) I know, I have a Facebook page so I can't hate it that much, but I feel as though I do. The only reason I have it is to keep our family updated with Chloe. I rarely post pictures and I don't really comment on anyone's pages (unless it's there birthday!) and I hardly ever update my "status". I just feel like real life personal connection is just so much more important and I think more and more people are loosing touch with that these days.
4. I have a bachelors degree in Liberal Studies. As in Elementary School Teacher. However, I am not nor will ever be a teacher. Why do I have that degree then? My last semester of College I realized I didn't want to be a teacher. Teachers are amazing and give up so much of their life to the students and the classroom, and I am selfish and didn't want to give that up. I want my family to be number one and my "career" to stay at work. I don't want to have to think about work when I clock out each night. Fortunately, I am blessed with an amazing job that allows that for me. Unfortunately, I didn't need to go to college for my job and now we are in major debt due to college tuition fees.
5. I want to be a SAHM so badly. I mean the works, I want to know how to be a amazing cook, an expert sewer (I want to hand make ALL of my kids clothing, bedding, home decor, etc...). I want to have my house clean and I want to wear an apron, pearls and heels while doing so! I know, so 1950's of me... I want to home school my kids until 6th grade. I know being a stay at home mom is so much more than that, but I want it all. I would give anything to stay at home with my kids and be the one they learn from and never miss any of their milestones. I would give anything except for us to end up homeless, which is why I still work.
6. I have 2 "broken" pinkies. To say they are broken is not quite right, they are more "deformed" than anything. They point inwards rather sharply and look like they have been broken. My dad tried getting them "fixed" once while my mom was away on West Pak for the Navy. The Dr's told me they would have to literally break them back into the proper placement. I screamed and screamed until my dad caved in.
I was born like that and believe it or not, crooked fingers is a genetic thing... I check Chloe's pinkies constantly. Luckily, they look straight for now...
7. I took Spanish Classes for a total of 6 years and still can't speak if fluently. How? lack of practice. Have you heard that expression" If you don't use it, you lose it?" Yeah, it's right. I used ot be able to speak to someone and totally understand what they are saying to me, but when you aren't surrounded with the language, you start to forget it over the years... At least I do.
8. For someone who went to college to be a teacher, I have horrible grammar. Seriously, just read my blog, mistakes left and right. I am pretty well known for overusing the "comma". I am just too lazy to look up grammar stuff and "re-teach" myself anything.
9. When I was younger ( I mean like all throughout my teenage years), I wanted to be a single mom and adopt 2 kids by age 24. Random, but when you get to know my past, it makes it much more clear why I wanted that. I am so glad that I didn't go that route.
10. I believed in Santa until I was 13. And I would have continued to believe in him if I didn't accidentally see where my mom was hiding all the toys for Christmas that were supposed to be from Santa. I used to get in fights on the school playground over Santa being real, that is how serious I was about it. You better believe I will have Chloe convinced he is real too.
So there you have it. I wold love to hear yours! Leave a "confession" or two on the comments. And make sure to go check out Deanna's blog, she has a Sunday Confessional on her blog every week!