Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Beauty Week Day 2 - Make Up!

Hello everyone! It's me, Michelle. I figured I would post on the day that I have the most "experience" in... experience as in wearing it a long long time. I have always been wearing make up since I was 13. I seriously do not leave the house with out it. I don't usually go fancy with my eyeshadow or anything like that, I just don't have the time these days, but I do wear the basics everyday. Since I have tried many different make up products, I thought I would share some of my top 5 must haves for the face!(please forgive me, but I do not have pictures of myself to put up because I am taking care of a sick baby and don't have time to get dolled up and take photos...)


1. MOISTURIZER - I have really dry skin and because of this I tend to break out easily, so a good moisturizer is a must have. My favorite is St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer. Not only does this moisturizer work really well, but a little bit goes a long way AND is is extremely well priced! You can find this on amazon (that's where I get it) and I believe they carry it at most drugstores.
source
 2. GREAT FOUNDATION - great foundation to me is one that last a long time, doesn't rub off easily, and can match my skin color perfectly. I used to have the perfect cream foundation for my skin. I used it for 4 years and swore I was going to use it for the rest of my life. Until that company went out of business (it was a local beauty salon brand - Face Factory). I had to scramble to find a new brand that would work. After trying many many unsuccessful foundations, I have finally found my favorite one! It is a liquid foundation from Estee Lauder called Double Wear. It is long lasting, stays in place and has SPF 10. (I use Desert Beige color, in case you were wondering). This makeup has lasted the longest throughout the day, I seriously only need to apply it once in the morning and I am set! This foundation does make my face a little dry, but that is what the above moisturizer is for. You can find this at most major department store cosmetic sections. If I had to choose what my most crucial makeup product is, it would be foundation, I feel naked without it.
source
3. MASCARA - I don't have one perfect mascara, I like to mix it up and try lots of new types that just come out.  But I do stick with the same brand : Maybelline. I just love all of thier mascaras, they have never let me down. I have currently been using Maybelline's one by one volum' express. I have stuck with this "series" (for lack of  a better term) for about a year and a half now and I really like it. It seems to separate my lashes more and adds a little plumpness to them. I have naturally long lashes, but they are rather skinny. I never leave the house without mascara, I feel like I don't look like myself without it!

source
4. BLUSH- I have two faves that I use on a daily basis. Bare Minerals also known as Bare Escentuals has an amazing darker red blush. It takes barely any to have a deep rosy hue. Unfortunately, I don't know what color it is, but it definitely is a dark rusty color.  All I have to do is tap just a teeny bit into the lid and lightly brush it on my face.A tiny bit really goes a long way and you do have to be careful not to go overboard with this.


I also love Mary Kay blushes and bronzers. My go to everyday blush use is the Mary Kay Bronzing Powder in Sandstone color. This brand is reasonably priced as well and last a long time.  When I am not wearing very much color, I like to make my cheeks pop with a more pink color, and I apply it right to the apples of my cheeks. I use Mary Kay® Mineral Cheek Color Strawberry Cream.
 Bare Minerals - source
Mary Kay  Bronzer - Source
mary kay blush - souce
5. EYELINER - I use black and always waterproof. I really doesn't matter what brand, I will go for anything. I have found that some cheaper brands like Wet and Wild actually outlast more of the known brands like cover girl. Currently I am using NYC waterproof  eyeliner pencil in very black. It came as a 2 pack for $3. Score! I use it on both my eye lid and the inside of my lower lid when I am feeling a bit more dramatic. It last a long time and super easy to put on, it is creamy and glides very smoothly.

So there you have it, my top 5 basics for everyday wear makeup. You should definitely check these products out! I would love to hear what your must have products are!

5 comments:

With Love, Jamie said...

How did I not see your blog earlier? Love it! And this beauty Week!!
New reader here :)
xo, Jamie

She Said... said...

yay! Welcome to the blog! I am so excited about all the tips and I am learning so much already! Hope you are too!

Unknown said...

I love Mary Kay blush too! Mary Kay anything is pretty much great stuff. Other than it being a little more pricey than than the store brand stuff.

I am the exact same way. I never leave the house without make up. Even taking an extra 5 minutes to put some on makes it worth it. Love this post Michelle!

Anonymous said...

I wish I knew more about makeup. I'm so clueless most of the time! Even when I am wearing makeup and putting effort into making it look nice I get comments like "You don't wear makeup often, huh?" or "What? You have makeup on?"ugh! so frustrating!

We should meet up just to go makeup shopping so you can teach me a few tricks :)

Callie said...

Michelle, I'm just catching up on my blog reading, and I LOVE this series this week! I'll have to try some of these products. I have to stick with Revlon foundation though, because they are one of the only brands I've found that has my color! I'm super-fair.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...