Thursday, October 27, 2011

Beauty Week Day 4 - Fashion

Hi everyone! I am Heather from heatherlydee. A big thank you
to Michelle for having me on her blog! I am so excited to share with you all
today!

I think it is common to get tired of what’s in your closet.
Too often I stand in front of my closet complaining that I have nothing to
wear. I have a tendency to think purchasing new clothes will fix all my
problems-not just my problems with what to wear, but life in general.
Unfortunately, a new dress won’t fix a broken heart, nor will new shoes stop me
from missing my friends.

In fact many of my troubles can be traced back to spending
too much on clothes. Living on a budget has been a struggle, but it also forces
me to be creative in my clothes choices. Participating in Kendi’s 30x30
challenge earlier this year (see here) was a great chance to experiment with my clothes
and put together new looks that I never would have thought of before.

So today I will be sharing with you seven outfits that I
made with seven pieces of clothing from my closet.

My picks:
1. Blazer- H&M $30
2. Orange Blouse- H&M $10
3. Teal Blouse- Tucker for Target $15
4. Dress- H&M $15
5. Cardigan- Forever 21 $10
6. Jeans- JBrand from Marshalls $15
7. Skirt- Merona from Target $15

2, 5, 7
Shoes: Seychelles
Hair Clip: Giant Dwarf
Bracelets: JCrew


3, 4
Bracelets: Premiere Designs
Shoes: Payless


1, 4, 7
Bracelet: Forever 21


3, 5, 6
Shoes: Target


4, 5
Glasses: The Icing (shhh...don't tell!) ;)
Belt: Target
Shoes: Forever 21


3, 7
Necklace: Target


1, 2, 6


Tips:
*You don’t have to spend a fortune to look great.
*Experiment-try something out of your comfort zone.
*Wear your outfits with confidence.
*Share! Borrow and trade clothes with your friends/sisters/roommates.
*Accessories are your best friends.
*Regularly clean out your closet and get rid of clothes you
don’t wear.
*Save outfit inspiration. (Pinterest and Polyvore are great
for this.)
*Use other bloggers for inspiration. Some of my faves are: Syndey, Beth and Tania.

*Have fun getting dressed!




4 comments:

Mandy said...

Cutie!

Hanna said...

how clever! i'm afraid i can't comply with the 'throw things out' one though..everrr :)

Anonymous said...

ooohh! those outfits are super cute heather :) I totally know how you feel about standing in front of your closet and feeling like you've got nothing to wear :/

I was just wondering, What would you recommend as staple pieces to keep in your closet? From your cute pics, I can see that colorful cardigans are on the list!

Heather said...

Thanks ladies! It was so fun putting them together!

Betsy, some of my clothing staples are dark jeans, gray vneck tshirts, a great little black dress (perfect for dressing up or down) and definitely colorful cardigans. I also think you can't go wrong with a great pair of boots and wedges.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...