I will be partaking in the 100 truths/ Sunday Confessional thing that Deanna from Delirious Rhapsody has going on. I will be sharing 10 truths a week (hopefully I can fulfill all 100). I would love for you to participate too so that I can get to know you a little more!
21. I always say my fave color is Teal, but that's not true. I don't know why I don't want to admit it. It has been teal for as long as I can remember. In reality, I am in love with the colors Mustard Yellow and Pea Green and that love is more than my love for Teal. Maybe it has something to do with food being in the names? haha, I don't know. I still really like teal, but I feel like some days I like it way more than other days.
22. Colors are super important to me. (as if you couldn't tell from the fact above) I don't know about you, but certain colors can take affect on my mood. And I have this weird thing where I almost always associate people with a color. It takes me a long time to decide on a color pallet for things such as home decorating or even what color scheme I am going to use for a party. It took me forever to pick the colors for my blog.
23. I am a control freak. I am working on it though. I love to be in charge and like to know what is going on. I always took lead in school/college projects and always have been good at delegating. It doesn't help that James is more passive and I am more aggressive so it easily sneaks up on me in our relationship. God is teaching me a lot about giving it up to Him and letting him have control in my life. He is also teaching me to allow others to take control and trust that they will do just as good as job as me. When I sit back and relax and let someone else handle it, I realize how fun it is on the "other" side of things.
24. I don't like to swim in dark water, or where I can't touch the bottom. In a swimming pool or otherwise. I just can't do it. I know how to swim, so that is not a problem. I just don't like dark water because you never know what is around you. In a black bottom pool it isn't so bad, but it still makes me feel uncomfortable. I also hate it when I can't touch the bottom. I am not very good at treading water so I want to be able to know that if I get tired or need to stop swimming that I will be okay and not drown. I used to get panic attacks if I couldn't touch the bottom.
25. I have a love hate relationship with the beach. Which is funny because everyone in San Diego is supposed to LOVE the beach. James and I couldn't care less that the ocean is so close. Yes, it's nice to go visit once in a while and to take out of town family to the beach, but I just don't see what all the fuss is about. Maybe it's because I only have been to overcrowded beaches and I can get over that pretty quickly. Plus you get super sandy and it gets all over you, down your shirt, in your hair and mouth. yuck. then you have to vacuum out your car every time you go and it seems to always be really cold when we go. I do like to see sunsets at the beach though, that is still romantic. I also like the smell of the ocean and the crashing of the waves.... Like I said, it's a love and hate relationship.
26. I am really into music. Like really really. If James didn't love the same music as me, I don't think we would be married right now. Before I got pregnant with Chloe, I would go to shows all time time and I love to see live music. I am still really into music today, and we are even naming our unborn child after our favorite band, Emery.27. I gave myself the nickname Chloe in 9th grade. I just one day decided there were too many Michelle's in my classes and I wanted to go by another name. My mom told me the nickname Shelly was a horrible name (could be she had a pretty rotten step sister named Shelly) so I couldn't go with that. There was this show on TV called Smallville that I watched and a lot of my friends told me that I reminded them of Chloe on there, so I chose that name. (In case you watched the show and know who I am talking about, I do have her personality, and I did have short blonde hair back then). The name stuck and I used it quite frequently even in College. When I would go to parties and meet random people I always introduced myself as Chloe. And so, we named Chloe after me.
28. I love to go camping. LOVE LOVE LOVE. My family used to go all the time when we were younger. I love tent camping. I don't mind RV camping, but tent camping is my fave. It really gets you out there connected with nature. I love to wake up to birds chirping and playing cards and nature walks all day. I can't wait for my little ones to be around 4 and up and we will take them camping all the time.
29. I am a night owl. I can stay up super late (well, not now that I am preggo, but that doesn't count). I wish stores stayed open late (thank goodness for 24 hour stores). I love to shop and get things done at night, that is when I am most productive. I don't do mornings very well. James and I sleep in until our alarm goes off for about the 10th time. We really try to push the limit on when we wake up. that is why we are always running late.
30. I never thought I would live to be this old. When I was younger I always had dreams that I was going to die young in a car crash before I ever hit my twenties. I don't know why I had this dream, I don't feel like I had any underlying issues with something that would make me feel that way, but who knows... I am happily living and I hope to have many many many years ahead of me. If it is my time to go, I am not scared to go either for I know I will be with my Father in Heaven.
Please link back and let me know if you are posting 100 truths about YOU!